Budget travel is an excellent option for those times when you can’t get enough of the sights and sounds of India. Regardless of where you want to go or how much money you have to spend, you can have a great vacation no matter where you choose to go. You can save money by taking public transportation, staying in dorms, and eating street food. Still, you can also use this list of the 10 best places to visit in India to plan your next holiday or even a destination operational plan.
List of the 10 Best Places to Visit in India
1. Goa – The Beach Party Place
Goa is the party capital of India, but you don’t have to spend a fortune to have a great time. To experience the best of Goa, you can take advantage of the incredibly low cost of alcohol, the abundance of inexpensive shared lodgings, and the wide range of seafood and other delights available. Goa is one of the best places to visit in India. Goa is the place to go for low-cost travel in India and also for a good destination wedding in India. Goa, the Indian state on the Arabian Sea, is a well-known tourist destination. There are numerous lovely beaches, delicious seafood, vibrant nightlife, and exhilarating watersports in this tiny state in West India.
Other notable attractions are –
· The Church of Mae De Dues and Boghdeshwara Temple.
· The South Goa region is home to less-crowded beaches like Butterfly and Palolem, luxury resorts like Agonda and St. Xavier’s Church, and the Se Cathedral.
· the Dudhsagar Waterfalls, where visitors may go trekking.
Goa is best visited between October and March when hotel and food prices are between Rs 700 and Rs 1500 per day. The closest railway station and airport are Madgaon and Vasco-da-Gama, respectively.
2. Shimla – The Queen of the Mountains
Shimla is a great place to visit in India during the warmer months. In Himachal Pradesh, the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ is one of the most popular vacation destinations. The pleasant weather was the primary reason the British colonies settled here each summer. There are various places to stay and things to see and do. It’s ranked as one of India’s best summer holiday destinations, so bring your loved ones to the town. For a hassle-free journey, book Shimla packages with TOI. Shimla is also one of the best places to visit in India.
· Take a ride on the Toy Train between Kalka and Shimla.
· At Tattapani, you may go white water rafting.
· The Mall Road is a great place to people-watch, eat, and shop.
· You can climb a steep slope to get to the Jakhu Hanuman Temple.
· Beautiful hill retreats like Kufri, Chail, and Mashobra are well worth the trip.
A family portrait taken when everyone is dressed in traditional clothes will be a treasured keepsake. You may get to the hill town by taking the Himalayan Toy Train. From major cities, frequent buses and cabs are readily available. Chandigarh International Airport is the closest.
3. Beach Vacation in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands
In the summer, beaches may not look enticing, but this thought changes in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal. Relax on the beach, and explore the cerulean oceans, tropical rainforests, and historical places with spectacular adventure sports during your summer vacation in India. Andaman & Nicobar Islands is one of the best places to visit in India with a beach and a good view. Enjoy the exotic flavors of tropical fruits and coconut water while vacationing in this tropical paradise.
Activities in the Andaman Sea:
· In addition to Port Blair, look at Havelock Island, Neil Island, and Radhanagar Beach.
· Scuba diving, snorkeling, and swimming in the ocean are all water activities that can be enjoyed as an adventure.
· Visit Barren Island, which is home to India’s only active volcano.
There isn’t much in the way of civilization on the islands. Selected airports offer flight connections to Port Blair, as do marine cruises. May reach the Bay of Bengal island archipelago from the Indian cities of Kolkata and Chennai.
4. Darjeeling – Large Collection of Tea
Visit Darjeeling in West Bengal, one of the North East’s most popular summer vacation spots. Surrounded by emerald-green tea farms and the beautiful Kanchenjunga (8,586 meters above sea level). Take advantage of the wonderful vistas that nature and man have produced. The monasteries are a great place to learn about Tibetan history and culture and indulge in delicious food, shopping, and more. Darjeeling is the tea hub of India and one of the best places to visit in India.
Activities in Darjeeling include:
· To get to the hill town, take the Toy Train.
· At Batasia Loop and Gorkha War Memorial, soak up the serenity.
· At Happy Valley Tea Estate, visit the Tea Gardens.
· Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park is a great place to see exotic animals.
· Mall Road is a great place to buy sweets.
The Toy Train is the most convenient mode of transportation for reaching this hill town in North East India. A train station in Jalpaiguri and a nearby airport in Siliguri are the closest modes of transportation. The mountainous town is accessible by taxi.
Rishikesh, located in Uttarakhand at the foot of the Himalayas, is one of the best places in India to spend a summer vacation. This holy city is known as the “World Capital of Yoga” and a hotbed of adventure. Rishikesh is one of the best places to visit in India. There are many places to find peace and serenity in India, including yoga studios, ashrams, temples, adrenaline, rushes from activities like river rafting, cliff leaping, fox flying, and the country’s highest bungee jump.
Things to do in Rishikesh –
· River rafting on the Ganges River
· Flying fox between two mountains on wires.
· Check out the temples of yore.
The Ashrams are great places to learn about yoga, Ayurveda, and meditation.
There are direct flights from Delhi and Jolly Grant in Dehradun to the city of Rishikesh, located at the foothills of the Himalayas. Haridwar is the closest train station.
6. Sikkim & Gangtok – The Land of Monasteries
Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, is a renowned tourist destination in the region. All around the world, tourists come to admire its natural beauty, pay tribute to its beautiful monasteries, and engage in various adventurous activities. Gangtok is famous for its Monasteries and is also one of India’s best places to visit. In the summer, the weather is at its best, making it a great time to come.
Activities in Gangtok include:
· A day spent rafting the Teesta River
· Paragliding and a ropeway cable trip from Deorali to Tsomgo Lake while riding a yak
· The Rumtek monastery is a must-see for everyone interested in Buddhism.
Gangtok can be reached by car, train, or plane. Bagdogra Airport and Jalpaiguri Railway Station are the nearest transportation hubs. Sikkim’s capital, Gangtok, may be reached in 4-5 hours by taxi from either location.
Jammu & Kashmir’s Ladakh region, known as the “Land of High Passes,” has some of the world’s lowest temperatures. I think it is one of India’s top summer vacation destinations. Experience the harsh environment, steep mountain passes, crystal-clear lakes, and tranquil Tibetan monasteries and towns that will make you forget the heat of the summers. Prepare to be amazed. Bikers mostly visit Ladakh, one of the best places to visit in India with family and friends.
· Consider seeing Leh’s famous landmarks, like the Leh Palace and the Shanti Stupa.
· Explore the Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, Tso Moriri, and Hemis National Park over several days.
· Should visit Ladakh Monasteries.
· Khardung-La Pass and Magnetic Hill.
· Rafting along the Indus River.
The best method of transportation to go to Ladakh is by car. You can leave from Manali or Srinagar or alternate between the two. Leh’s Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport is another option.
Nainital is one of the best spots in India to spend a summer vacation. Lakes, mountains, and small-town charm make Uttarakhand a popular destination for tourists. Visit local lakes and have a romantic boat ride on Naini Lake. Nainital is one of the best places to visit in India with a budget-friendly environment. Enjoy a peaceful vacation away from the pollution, noise, and commotion of the big cities.
Nainital famous attractions:
· Visit the Naina Devi Temple and the Raj Bhavan, amongst other attractions.
· Snow-capped mountains can be seen from a cable car ride to Snow Point.
· The Tiffin Top or Dorothy’s seat is also a worthwhile destination.
· Boating at Naini Lake, Bhimtal, Sattal, Naukuchiatal, and other locations.
Boating, nature hikes, horseback riding, trekking, and animal viewing are just a few activities you may enjoy while on vacation. Nainital can be reached via a picturesque drive through the city’s hills. Nainital’s nearest airport, Pantnagar, is 65 kilometers away. In contrast, the Kathgodam Railway Station (34 km away from Nainital) has train connections.
9. Kerala & Kanyakumari
One of the greatest places to visit in India on a budget, Kanyakumari is home to some of the most stunning beaches, stunning buildings, and aesthetically pleasing temples. Additionally, it is bordered by paddy fields, coconut palms, awe-inspiring mountains, and green valleys, making it an ideal vacation spot. Kanyakumari lies in the southernmost part of India and is one of the best places to visit in India.
The months of October through March are ideal for visiting Kanyakumari. Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanyakumari Temple, Saint Thiruvalluvar Statue, Our Lady of Ransom Church, and the Wax Museum are a few must-see attractions in Kanyakumari. Kanyakumari Railway Junction/Trivandrum Airport is the closest transportation hub.
10. Srinagar & Kashmir
The city of Srinagar, the state capital of Jammu and Kashmir, is nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas and surrounded by rolling green hills. Srinagar’s name translates to “the city of richness and abundance.” Achar, Nagin, and Dal Lakes are just a few of the stunning lakes in this vibrant city, situated on the banks of the Jhelum River. A meditative walk around the old city and the crumbling mosques and minarets of Srinagar is a great way to spend a day or two in the Kashmiri capital of Srinagar.
Tourists from all over the world flock to Srinagar because of its pleasant year-round climate. From April through October, the best season to visit Srinagar is for sightseeing and other activities. The snow has melted, and the flowers are blooming in full force.
· Wonderful rivers and lakes and charming rows of houseboats floating across them.
· There are also lovely blossoming gardens and lush green, growing woods.
· Houseboats and shikhara rides are popular pastimes for tourists visiting Dal Lake.
There are several reasons why visitors go to Srinagar, and one is to enjoy the city’s shikhara rides. It’s a unique and memorable experience, surrounded by the majesty of the Himalayas. These Shikara rides in Srinagar make it unique and the best places to visit in India.
These are some of India’s most popular tourist attractions, thanks to their natural beauty and man-made splendors, attracting countless visitors each year. You and your loved ones can make lasting memories by visiting these locations together. The natural splendor of these destinations speaks for itself and demonstrates why they are among India’s most sought-after tourist destinations. To avoid crowds and lower hotel rates, go during the off-season if you want a more private getaway. You’re sure to have a great time wherever you choose to go when you visit these places. You and your loved ones will have a wonderful day at any of these locations.
- 10 Best Places to Visit in France Vacation – Romantic Honeymoon in France - December 24, 2022
- 10 Best Sci-fi English TV Series you Must Watch Online - October 18, 2022
- 10 Best Adrenaline Filled Adventures You Must Have - July 4, 2022