Have you ever dreamed of holding hands with your loved one, gazing into the most radiant sunset over the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean?
Welcome to your dream turned reality – the beautiful Bali. It’s no secret that Bali is one of the world’s most enchanting romantic destinations, where love is painted in every shade of picturesque landscapes and serene beaches.
This idyllic island is a haven for couples, a paradise that offers countless memorable experiences. After all, there are so many mesmerizing Bali places to visit, each imbued with its charm.
The poet John Donne once said, “Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies.” But in Bali, love thrives amidst eternal beauty. It’s not just the scenic vistas or the myriad things to do in Bali that make it a hotspot for couples. It’s the enchanting blend of nature, culture, and adventure that makes every Bali vacation an unforgettable romantic journey.
Why Consider Bali as a Romantic Destination
Did you know that 2.1 million tourists visited Bali in 2022 alone? These numbers reflect not only Bali’s popularity but also its magnetic pull for those in love. Offering a mix of tranquil beaches, lush landscapes, and vibrant nightlife, Bali caters to all kinds of romantic desires.
Imagine strolling down the sun-kissed Tanjung Benoa Beach, the cool ocean breeze whispering tales of love into your ears. Or consider experiencing the sacred aura of the Pura Ulun Danu Bratan together, strengthening your spiritual bond. That’s the magic of things to do in Bali.
- Bali’s lush landscapes and serene beaches offer the perfect backdrop for romantic getaways.
- Visit ancient temples, witness traditional dance performances, and participate in Balinese cooking classes.
- Strengthen your bond through shared adventures.
- Indulge in world-class luxury amenities.
- Bali offers numerous spots for quiet reflection and relaxation.
So, are you ready to explore the best Bali places to visit? Keep reading as we take you on a romantic sojourn to the Island of the Gods, where love and adventure await at every corner.
16 Must Visit Beautiful Places to Visit in Bali
From lush green rice terraces to turquoise blue beaches, from ancient temples to vibrant markets, Bali is an island paradise that offers something for everyone. This Indonesian gem, with its rich culture and stunning landscapes, makes for a perfect getaway.
Here are 16 must-visit beautiful places in Bali that promise an unforgettable experience.
Path of the Gods: The Spiritual Explorer
Looking for a serene escape in the lap of nature and spirituality? These divine places will add a touch of tranquillity to your things to do in Bali.
- Start your sacred exploration at the base of Mount Batur, a place where spirituality and adventure intertwine. Embark on a sunrise trek that promises panoramic vistas that will leave you awestruck. This is indeed one of the most thrilling things to do in Bali.
- Next, head over to Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a stunning floating temple that appears as if it’s out of a postcard.
- Here, take a moment to reflect and connect with your inner self amidst the serene lake and the soothing mountain breeze.
- This temple is undeniably one of the most peaceful Bali places to visit.
- Now start on an island hopping journey to one of the most picturesque Bali places to visit, the Nusa Islands.
- Just a short boat ride away from Bali’s mainland, these islands promise an exciting getaway for those seeking sun, sea, and sand.
Nusa Islands consist of three main islands:
Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan, and Nusa Penida. Each island has its distinct charm, offering visitors a diverse range of experiences. From the azure blue waters perfect for snorkeling and diving to the sprawling cliffs that provide panoramic views of the ocean, Nusa Islands indeed has something for every traveler.
- The journey continues to the gates of the Penataran Agung Lempuyang Temple Complex. Be sure to take a snapshot of the iconic ‘Gateway to Heaven’, set against the backdrop of Mount Agung. Visiting this place tops the list of Instagrammable things to do in Bali.
- Prepare to marvel at the majesty of the Besakih Temple, fondly referred to as the ‘Mother Temple of Bali’. Nestled on the slopes of Mount Agung, this temple is the largest and holiest in Bali, showcasing the deep spiritual bond the Balinese people share with nature. Indeed, it’s a must-visit during your Bali vacation.
- Conclude your spiritual journey at the Tirta Empul Temple. Here, experience a spiritual cleanse in the sacred spring waters. Visiting this place goes beyond mere sightseeing; it’s truly an experience, making it a unique highlight among Bali holiday destinations.
“I’m neither a bird nor a plane, but I can give you the thrill of soaring high. What am I?”
(Hint: Check the adventurer’s itinerary below!)
Whispers of the Wilderness: The Nature Lover
Are you the one who finds peace in the bosom of Mother Nature? Here are the Bali places to visit, where you can commune with nature and return with a rejuvenated spirit.
- One of the best things to do in Bali is to visit the majestic Sekumpul Waterfall. Feel the cool mist kiss your face as you stand in awe of its power and beauty. The sights and sounds around this waterfall can make you feel like you’ve stepped into a cathedral made by nature itself. It’s truly a Bali place to visit that you shouldn’t miss on your things to do in Bali.
- To explore the untouched side of Bali, take a stroll along the emerald pathways of Campuhan Ridge Walk. This beautiful walk will give you a break from the crowded streets, showing you the greener, quieter side of Bali. It’s a must-add to your list of Bali places to visit.
- Another exciting thing to do in Bali is to visit Tirta Gangga, a former royal palace turned beautiful garden maze. This place is filled with pools, fountains, and hidden treasures waiting to be discovered. Navigating this maze is a fun adventure you should include in your Bali holiday destinations.
- For a feeling of peace and tranquillity, make sure you visit Lake Batur on your Bali vacation. The calm water of the lake, set against the backdrop of towering mountains, provides an unparalleled serene experience. It’s a sight that will soothe your senses and make your Bali holiday destinations list even more special.
“Did you know? Lake Batur is a crater lake residing in the caldera of an active volcano!”
Riddle of the Sea: The Beach Bum
Can’t get enough of the surf and sand? Here’s your perfect roadmap for a sun-soaked Bali holiday.
- Starting your Bali vacation at Tanjung Benoa Beach is a wonderful idea. This place is perfect for water sports enthusiasts. From jet skiing to parasailing, riding the waves here was never so fun! This thrilling experience is one of the exciting things to do in Bali.
- Next on your list of Bali places to visit should be Sanur Beach. Known for its serene ambiance, this beach is an ideal spot for a romantic stroll. Walk along the shoreline with your loved one, enjoy the calm waves and let the beach’s relaxing atmosphere soothe your senses. It’s a wonderful experience to include in your Bali holiday destinations.
- Another must-visit place in Bali is Blue Point Beach. This hidden gem offers a stunning view of the Indian Ocean. Feel the soft sand beneath your toes, discover the secret path leading to the beach, and soak in the beauty of your surroundings. It’s a magical place that adds a special touch to your things to do in Bali.
- Conclude your journey at Pura Luhur Uluwatu, one of the most remarkable Bali places to visit. This temple perched on a cliff provides a magnificent setting to witness the most magical sunset. As the sun dips below the horizon, the sky bursts into an array of colours, creating a mesmerizing sight. This is undoubtedly one of the things to do in Bali that you don’t want to miss.
“I change every day, but never leave my spot. I’m viewed all around the world. What am I?”
(Hint: Look to the skies in the evening!)
The Mystery Unfolds: The Adventurer
For those who want an offbeat experience and aren’t afraid of the unknown, the Bali places to visit have some mystic offerings.
- You can also start your Bali holiday destinations list with a thrilling experience at Bali Swing. Here, you can swing high above the ground with a panoramic view of the dense tropical forest unfolding beneath you.
This heart-racing activity is one of the most exhilarating things to do in Bali. The feeling of soaring high combined with the breathtaking view is an experience you wouldn’t want to miss on your Bali vacation.
- Next on your list of Bali places to visit should be Goa Gajah Gianyar, also known as the Elephant Cave. Step into the mysterious world of this ancient site and uncover its secrets. This archaeological wonder invites you to solve the riddle hidden within its stone walls and carvings.
Exploring this cave is not only intriguing but also a fascinating step back in time. This mysterious journey is one of the must-do things in Bali.
Bali offers a variety of incredible places to visit and exciting things to do. So pack your bags and get ready for a memorable Bali vacation.
“Did you know? Goa Gajah Gianyar, despite its name, does not house any elephants. It’s named after the ancient statue of Ganesha found inside the cave.”
Bali’s Romantic Rendezvous: Top 10 Resorts for Honeymooners
Bali is an enchanting haven for couples. While there are endless Bali places to visit, the key to a perfect honeymoon lies in where you stay.
Keep reading to find out the top 10 romantic resorts that promise to add magic to your Bali honeymoon.
Amnaya Resort Kuta
Located in the heart of Kuta, Amnaya Resort is the perfect blend of convenience and luxury. It’s a prime choice among Bali holiday destinations. You can take strolls on the nearby Kuta Beach or enjoy its world-class amenities.
This resort is also an excellent option for couples seeking romantic things to do in Bali, especially during sunset where you can enjoy a romantic dinner with a view.
The Udaya Resorts
This resort is nestled in the greenery of Ubud, offering a serene environment for relaxation. Notable things to do in Bali include enjoying the floating breakfast in a private pool at this resort or getting a unique spa treatment amidst the jungle at “Kaveri Spa.”
The Kayon Jungle Resort
This resort is known for its stunning jungle views and unique tiered swimming pools, providing a memorable experience among Bali holiday destinations. The resort offers the luxury of private pool villas, and the Wanna Jungle Pool & Bar is a must-visit for an exotic cocktail evening.
AYANA Resort Bali
This resort is a world on its own, with its location on the rocks providing stunning ocean views. Among the things to do in Bali, visiting the resort’s Rock Bar is a must, especially during sunset. Additionally, the Thermes Marins Spa is recognized as one of the world’s best Aquatonic Pools.
Triyana Resort Carangsari
For those who want to experience the authentic Balinese lifestyle, this resort is an ideal choice among Bali holiday destinations. Explore the nearby village, cycle along scenic rice fields, or join the resort’s exclusive cooking class to learn traditional Balinese dishes.
Pita Maha Resort & Spa
Perched on the hillside of Ubud, the resort offers breathtaking views of the river valley and lush tropical greenery. Its unique feature is the private villa infinity pools overlooking the valley.
Honeymoon Green Villa
This resort, with a private pool, is an ideal escape for honeymooners seeking privacy. One unique experience here is dining under the stars in the heart of a tropical garden.
The Garcia Ubud
Located amidst the lush rice fields and tropical forests, this is another gem among Bali holiday destinations. It offers a panoramic infinity pool and a sunset rooftop where you can enjoy beautiful sunsets with a drink.
Padma Resort Ubud
Set within an idyllic landscape, this resort offers stunning views and a heated infinity pool. Its unique feature is a bamboo nest for romantic dining, floating on the pool.
Buahan, a Banyan Tree Escape
If you are looking for an eco-friendly, luxurious experience, this is your place. Uniquely designed, nature-inspired rooms are its speciality. The wellness programs offered are a must-try.
These resorts aren’t just about a comfortable stay; they’re about experiences, about discovering the magic of togetherness amidst the enchanting landscapes of Bali.
So, when you’re planning your things to do in Bali, make sure to choose a resort that aligns with your dream vacation.
9 Top Ways to Make Bali Honeymoon More Exciting
So you’ve chosen Bali as your honeymoon destination. Great choice! Now, let’s take this Bali vacation up a notch.
Here are nine unique ways to make your Bali honeymoon more exciting, transforming it from a mere holiday into an unforgettable adventure.
1. Time Travel to Besakih Temple
The Mother Temple of Besakih isn’t just a must-visit among Bali places; it’s a journey back in time. Begin your adventure in the spiritual realm with a visit to the Mother Temple of Besakih, one of the most significant Bali places to visit. Its impressive complex, set against the backdrop of Mount Agung, offers a serene start to your exciting journey.
Traverse through the layers of Balinese history and culture, and don’t miss the panoramic views at the top.
Challenge: A Race Against Time!
Try to visit all 23 temples within the complex. Do you accept this challenge?
2. Treasure Hunt at Ubud Art Market
Turn a simple shopping trip into an exciting treasure hunt. It’s an excellent opportunity to bring home a slice of Bali, from unique handicrafts to intricate Batik fabrics. Remember to try your hand at bargaining!
Look for unique Balinese artifacts, handicrafts, and textiles. A fun way to explore the market together!
Fun Quest: The Ultimate Bargain Challenge!
Who can score the best deal on a souvenir? May the best negotiator win!
3. Enchanting Evenings at Tanah Lot
Next on your things to do in the Bali itinerary should be the awe-inspiring sunset at Tanah Lot Temple. Capture this moment in your hearts as the sun paints the sky with hues of orange and red, creating a mesmerizing spectacle.
An unforgettable Bali holiday destination, Tanah Lot’s sunset is unlike any other.
4. Night Volcano Trekking at Mount Agung
Feel the rush of adventure with a night trek at Mount Agung. Inject a dose of adventure with night trekking at Mount Agung. Climbing Bali’s highest point under a starlit sky offers an unforgettable experience and panoramic sunrise views.
Fun Challenge: “Midnight Star-Gazers!”
Can you identify any constellations while on your climb? Make a note and compare later.
5. Rush of Adrenaline with Bali River Tubing
Quench your thirst for a thrill with river tubing in Gianyar. It’s not just a fun activity; it’s a chance to witness Bali’s abundant nature up close.
Make your Bali vacation adventurous by trying river tubing in Gianyar.
6. Romantic Sunset Dinner Cruise
Add a touch of luxury to your adventure-packed Bali honeymoon with a sunset dinner cruise.
Enjoy a floating feast while you watch the sun dip into the ocean. A perfect blend of romance and adventure!
7. Thrill of ATV Ride
Experience the countryside’s charm and the beach’s allure with an adrenaline-pumping ATV ride. A must-do for thrill-seeking couples!
Daring Quest: The Off-Beat Challenge!
Who can navigate the trickiest path? Helmets on, game face on!
8. Soar High with Tandem Parasailing
Soar high above the beautiful Bali coast, hand-in-hand with your partner, during a tandem parasailing session. The breathtaking view is a memory to cherish.
An exhilarating experience that combines the thrill of parasailing with the beauty of Bali’s coast.
9. Culinary Adventure at Kuta Street Food
After a day filled with exploring Bali’s stunning sites, what better way to round off your adventure than with a culinary journey? Kuta Street Food is one of the key Bali places to visit for food lovers on a Bali vacation.
Here, you can dive into a world of tantalizing flavours and aromas, savouring the rich diversity of local Indonesian cuisine. From satay skewers grilled to perfection to the spicy ‘nasi goreng’ (fried rice) and the sweet ‘pisang goreng‘ (fried bananas) for dessert, every dish is a culinary adventure waiting to be explored.
Delicious Challenge: Mystery Dish Dare!
Try a mystery dish and guess the ingredients. Bon appétit!
Remember, these experiences aren’t just about the adventure; they’re about discovering each other in new, exciting ways. Here’s to your adventurous and romantic Bali holiday destinations!
Intriguing Facts and Mysterious Places in Bali
Here are some intriguing facts and mysterious places in Bali that will give you a glimpse into the lesser-known aspects of this renowned holiday destination.
|Fact/Place||Description||Location||Why it’s Mysterious|
|Trunyan Village||This village is known for its peculiar death rituals.|
Instead of cremation or burial, bodies are left out in the open to decompose naturally.
|Near Lake Batur||The village uniquely defies the universal fear of death and showcases an intriguing part of Balinese culture.|
|Nyepi Day||On this ‘Day of Silence,’ the entire island comes to a halt.|
No activities are carried out, and even the airport shuts down for 24 hours.
|Entire Island||This tradition is steeped in mystery, promoting self-reflection and purification.|
|Ghost Palace Hotel||Also known as PI Bedugul Taman Rekreasi Hotel & Resort, it’s an abandoned site that never opened.||Bedugul||The abandoned, unfinished building adds an eerie charm to the picturesque landscape of Bali.|
|Sea Temple of Tanah Lot||Famous for its unique offshore setting and sunset backdrops.||Beraban village, Tabanan||Its history and the folklore surrounding it make this temple a mysterious and sacred spot.|
|Bali’s Subak System||The traditional cooperative irrigation system is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.||Across Bali||This ancient system’s sophistication and the social cooperation it fosters remain an enigma for many.|
As we bid you adieu on this virtual journey of ‘Bali Places to Visit,’ we hope the magic of this captivating island calls out to your hearts. From the romantic sunsets at Tanah Lot to the awe-inspiring journey up Mount Agung, and from the fascinating culture encapsulated in Ubud Art Market to the exhilarating adventure sports on Bali beaches, the allure of this dreamy paradise is undeniable.
Your Bali vacation promises a beautiful blend of romantic tranquillity, cultural immersion, culinary delights, thrilling activities, and sheer natural beauty. So, whether you are mulling over the perfect honeymoon destination or planning a romantic getaway, remember Bali holds an unmatched charm that no place can offer.
Which is the best time to visit Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is during the dry season from April to October when you can enjoy various activities and beautiful sunsets without worrying about rain.
Bali or Maldives, which is the best honeymoon destination?
Both Bali and the Maldives offer unique experiences. Bali offers a mix of culture, adventure, and relaxation, while the Maldives provides a serene island escape. Choose based on your preferences.
How to travel around Bali? Mode of transport – rented vehicles or public transport?
Both options are viable. If you are adventurous and comfortable with driving, a rented scooter is a common choice. For more convenience, hire a driver or use taxis.
What is the average package cost of Bali for 5 days from India?
The average package cost for a 5-day trip to Bali from India ranges between INR 40,000 to INR 60,000 per person, excluding personal expenses.
Are Bali Safe Solo Travelers?
Yes, Bali is generally safe for solo travelers, but like anywhere, it’s important to stay cautious, especially during nighttime.
How much cash is sufficient for a week’s trip to Bali?
Depending on your budget, anywhere between $300 to $600 could be sufficient for a week in Bali.
Do Indians Need Visas for Bali?
Indian passport holders get Visa-on-Arrival for a stay of up to 30 days in Bali.
What Should I Buy in Bali? Which are the Famous items to Buy in Bali as a Souvenir?
Bali is famous for its arts and crafts. You can buy handcrafted silver jewelery, traditional Batik fabric, Bali sarongs, and wooden sculptures.
How much does it cost for a 5 days Bali trip in Dollars?
A 5-day trip to Bali could cost anywhere between $200 to $500 per person, excluding flights and personal expenses.
Do I need Immunizations when traveling to Bali?
Routine vaccines like MMR, DPT, and Hepatitis are advisable. Also, consider vaccines for diseases like Typhoid and Hepatitis A as per your doctor’s advice.
- 16 Best Bali Places to Visit – A Romantic Destination for Honeymoon - August 1, 2023
- Dubai Places to Visit – 18 Free Things to do in Dubai Vacation - July 2, 2023
- Thailand Places to Visit – 20 Best Islands to Visit in Thailand - June 18, 2023