This post was last updated on July 23rd, 2020 at 10:57 am
How to save your account from getting hacked. This can be done only if you know how it can be hacked.
To Protect Yourself or your online account from being hacked, you should first know what is hacking and how to hack. Because if a hacker can hack someone’s account, he can definitely save his form being hacked.
Like a Anti-virus Company Knows How to protect your system from viruses because they also know how to create one.
Hackers never ever attempt to directly start hacking your account; they first observe and study the target.
Like if a Hacker wants to hack someone’s facebook account he will study – the time you are not online, what are your interest and believes, what kind of thinking you have, what is most nearest to your heart and many other things that will help him guessing your password.
These things will also help him to lure you towards the target point which can be a hyperlink, any software back link or any phishing mail attachment.
Many ideas of hacking are available online which can be learnt and applied but this is not our aim here so I will just discuss some note worthy points that will help you save your data and info from getting hacked .
Never click on malware sites that may contain virus or any spyware.
Never click on pop-ups . They may be a way to direct you to a hacking site.
Always download content from a trusted website only.
Avoid Downloading from Illegal Websites.
Always look for the”lock” kind of sign before the http:// to ensure it’s a verified malware free website .
Many Times hacking takes place because we are unaware of the fact that many similar looking websites are there which are a fake .They are not valid websites and are there to fool you.
You may be typing your facebook password on a similar looking login page which actually is not the genuine page. At this point look at the http hyperlink on the browser. This will give you the clear idea if the website is true or fake.
Ways to save your account from getting hacked and to keep yourself safe online .
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never disclose/use passwords on an unknown server.
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online.
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are. It can be trap and can be fake profile.
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude.
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
11) Avoid using account related information on cybercafé .
12) If in emergency need to use someone else computer or a cyber café desktop, never enter passwords from keyboard directly .Instead use the virtual keyboard (on screen keyboard ) .
13) Never click on any link in an E-mail that is not from a know individual.
14) Never Reply with answers linking to personal stuff to unknown Persons on chat or E-mail or anywhere online.
15) Think Before you do anything online .
16) purchase from well known e-commerce website only.
17) Protect computers with firewalls.
18) Use hard-to-guess passwords . The stronger your password , the lesser are chances of getting hacked. Learn how to create strong passwords that are easy to remember as well. Never use same passwords for all your online accounts. If you do so then in case your single account is compromised, then it means your all online accounts are compromised. Never type passwords from hard keyboard keys instead use soft keyboard to enter your password. Beware of various software capable of stealing information online.
19) Never use similar passwords for every account. You would not want all your accounts to get compromised on a single blow.
20) Don’t open every spam email.
21) Disconnect from Internet when not in use.
22) Don’t connect with unsecured internet connection. That can be trap to lure you to use free internet.
You can check out a list of various internet anti-virus software available online free of cost. Download them and stay safe.
I hope these safety tips will help you. Follow these tips and do relax browsing on Internet.
Have a Safe Internet Surfing
- Benefits and Advantages of using wordpress for every type of blogger - August 10, 2016
- Reasons why you should not do Blogging, find out your Reason. - August 8, 2016
- Smart way to Write Articles that become a hit, Making of a popular blog post - August 7, 2016